|As a global leader in ship management and marine services, we add value to a vessel’s operations. Operating around the clock and around the world, V.Group gives every client the quality and efficiency they need in every sector. Covering crew management and recruitment, quality ship management and technical services, together with supporting management and commercial services, V.Group has an unrivalled industry knowledge with performance assured. Our values, We Care, We Collaborate, We Challenge, We are Consistent, We Commit and Deliver, are at the heart of everything we do and they support our strategy of Investing in Talent. We are always interested in making contact with talented individuals - people who will demonstrate our values and deliver great service, for internal and external stakeholders.|
|The Vessel Coordinator is responsible for ensuring:
1. The Rotation Plan realization including crew changes
2. Assistance to the planning manager in tasks involving all vessels assigned to them.
|KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
1. Maintains Crew Rotation Plan for the assigned vessel and responsible for the execution of crew changes in line with crew rotation plan prepared by the Planning Manager.
2. Co-ordinates mobilization progress from various Mobilization Cells.
3. Contacts with vessel, mobilization cells, port agents, travel and customer on crew changes.
4. Manages professional relationship with seafarers on-board.
5. Assists in planning the appointment of personnel within his/her control in accordance with VMS/Customer agreed conditions of employment and specified experience/qualification requirements ensuring that all mobilised seafarers meet the VMS/customer requirements and mobilisation criteria.
6. Assists the Planning Manager in ensuring that manning levels comply with Flag state and international requirements and are compatible with maintenance needs and trading patterns.
7. Plans crew changes in advance to meet operational and budgetary requirements.
8. Responsible for travel arrangements of Seafarers to office and the vessel.
9. Liaises with the Agents at the port/place of engagement or disembarkation keeping them informed of travel arrangements made.
10. Responsible for maintaining relevant records are upto date and accurate in ShipSure for the fleet/vessels under them.
11. Assists in the management of the performance appraisal system including close liaison with various reporting officers, creates training actions and updates records.
12. Assists in effective cost control of the vessel budget.
13. Assists in the monitoring of P&I claims and medical cases.
14. Assists in the preparation of required reports.
15. Supports the welfare of the crew and their families if required.
KEY SUCCESS MEASURES:
1. Effective execution of the rotation plan
2. Positive feedback from seafarers and other key stakeholders (e.g. reporting officers, port agents etc.)
|• Knowledge of terminal operation, vessel characteristics, stowage and stability
• Strong analytical, planning, and organizing skills
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
• Strong customer service mindset
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude in building relationships across all organizational levels.
|V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.|
|10 Jun 2022|