|As a global leader in ship management and marine services, we add value to a vessel’s operations. Operating around the clock and around the world, V.Group gives every client the quality and efficiency they need in every sector. Covering crew management and recruitment, quality ship management and technical services, together with supporting management and commercial services, V.Group has an unrivalled industry knowledge with performance assured. Our values, We Care, We Collaborate, We Challenge, We are Consistent, We Commit and Deliver, are at the heart of everything we do and they support our strategy of Investing in Talent. We are always interested in making contact with talented individuals - people who will demonstrate our values and deliver great service, for internal and external stakeholders.|
|The Cadet Planner will ensure that each cadet berth is:
1) Occupied with qualified, certificated and medically fit cadets in accordance with national - international requirements,
2) Planned effectively in order to encompass all aspects of cadet onboard training and client requirements,
3) Adequately and competently planned within a prescribed budget in accordance with the applicable ship management / crew management agreements
The cadet planner will also support the development of cadets on career development journey and as well as work with other teams in crewing and training to ensure delivery of an effective and efficient cadet management programme to all stakeholders.
|1. Responsible for the cadets and berths rotation planning irrespective of the cadet nationality or the customer (internal or external) in case of Full and Crew Management Business.
2. Responsible for identification of cadets meeting customer requirements for crew supply business and hand over to mobilization team.
3. Gets the rotation plan from the planning engine with predefined set of planning criteria such as, but not limited to, cost-effectivity, quality, closed pool, etc.)
4. Contact with cadets to ensure that they commit with their availability.
5. Contact with Planning manager of the vessel where client approval is required.
6. Overview and monitor the cadet mobilisation processes, ensuring full compliance with CMM/VMS and or client requirements for fleet/vessels under his perview.
7. Ensures cadet planning is effective in order to manage the seafarer pool in accordance with CMM/VMS procedures, agreed terms & conditions of employment and specified experience and training/qualification matrices; advising the Planning Manager of the vessel of any deficiencies or concerns.
8. Ensures cadets are full compliance with relevant international and Flag State legislation, Union agreements ensuring, in consultation with PM, the levels are compatible with the vessel's maintenance needs, trading patterns and owner requirements.
9. Support the ShipSure crewing data quality/integrity.
10. Provide support and guidance to Global Cadet Programme Manager about cadet requirements.
11. Effective cost control to ensure adherence to budgets and assist finance in the preparation of cadet budgets
12. Promote the development of professional working relationships with crewing staff, customer and onboard managers.
13. Develop both professionally and personally direct reports by carrying out meaningful and timely performance appraisals and reviews. This includes the identification of training and development requirements to the line manager for agreement and inclusion in the Office training plan.
14. Work closely with the relevant mobilisation teams for compliant mobilisation of the cadet in line with VMS, vessel and client requirements.
15. Work closely with the relevant Vessel coordinator for efficient crew changes when a cadet embarks or disembarks.
16. Transfers graduate cadets to releavant PMs after successful promotion interview by Assessment team
KEY MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
1. Effective cadet planning – occupied/total cadet berths ratio
2. Well-managed/better utilized cadet pool
3. Efficiency of cadets and berths planning
4. Adherence to crew budgets – particularly on crew changes
5. Increased compliance with national/international and owner requirements.
• Knowledge of terminal operation, vessel characteristics, stowage and stability
• Strong analytical, planning, and organizing skills
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
• Strong customer service mindset
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude in building relationships across all organizational levels.
• Knowledge of Marine Operations Support and Maritime Services
• Experience in marine background as junior officer or port operation planning, cargo controlling or dispatching or shipping line and logistics company
|V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.|
|18 Sep 2022|