|Fleet Safety and Performance Coach|
|As a global leader in ship management and marine services, we add value to a vessel’s operations. Operating around the clock and around the world, V.Group gives every client the quality and efficiency they need in every sector. Covering crew management and recruitment, quality ship management and technical services, together with supporting management and commercial services, V.Group has an unrivalled industry knowledge with performance assured. Our values, We Care, We Collaborate, We Challenge, We are Consistent, We Commit and Deliver, are at the heart of everything we do and they support our strategy of Investing in Talent. We are always interested in making contact with talented individuals - people who will demonstrate our values and deliver great service, for internal and external stakeholders.|
|The Fleet Safety & Performance Coach is tasked to build and maintain a high performing safety culture onboard the vessels to support Ship Management operations. The position requires the coach to visit and sail with our vessels, including extensive worldwide travel, as well as working on weekends.|
|On-board Training Services
• Promote “Safety is for me” culture & facilitate implementation of V.Group core values.
• Conduct a thorough training need analysis onboard and observe the safety culture onboard by following standard company procedures, techniques, and checklists.
• Promotion and understanding of safety requirements, systems, and procedures among the ship personnel.
• Identify hazardous conditions and hazardous work practices and explain to the crew why it is important for them. Work with vessel on elimination of these factors together with the crew and reduce the risk acceptance level.
• Identify main areas of concern on-board and contribute to find constructive solution to improve HSE performance. Assist crew in finding safe solutions in the daily work routines.
• Contribute to increasing personnel awareness of risks so that they can make their own risk assessment before and as well as during the performance of work.
• Fully support the company in the continued operation of HSE related campaigns, encouraging active participation among all personnel on-board.
• Provision of on-board training / instruction including standard courses, additional training materials, drills and exercises.
• Complete and submit an on-board training report within 2 days of disembarking the vessel.
• Undertake the ship safety inspection and/or requested audit noting any deficiencies, observations and recommendations. Audits include navigation / environment / engine / pre-vetting / internal audits, etc.
• Conduct and assist in incident investigation under instruction from HSE Group.
• During the inspection monitor the vessels compliance with the company’s policies and procedures.
• Monitor the Bridge team / Engine team during critical stages of navigation and review the function in terms of Teamwork, communication, Stress management, challenge and response.
• On completion of the Inspection / Audit, discuss the findings with the Master and Ship’s Staff and leave a copy of documents on-board. The final inspection summary to be submitted to the office prior to disembarking or immediately after.
• Complete and submit an Inspection and/or Audit Report within 2 days of disembarking the vessel.
Ship Security Services
• Where requested, undertake the Ship Security Assessment (SSA) and prepare the Ship Security Plan (SSP) to class for approval. The SSA is to be completed and presented upon disembarking the vessel.
• Where requested, undertake the internal ISPS Audit and submit the audit report as defined above.
• Provide on-board security training, ISPS Awareness Training, SSO Training, CSO Training and search techniques in accordance with company materials. All training delivered to the crew will be summarized within the OBT Report.
• Every ship visit must be supported with a report on the purpose of the visit and the overall conclusions and / or recommendations. Where the visit is not covered by one of the standard reports, then a ship visit report is to be completed.
• Whilst on-board, all requested assistance should be provided to the Master and/or the Ships Superintendent commensurate with fulfilling duties and responsibilities highlighted.
• Assist in shore inhouse trainings as required by CCC.
• Assist in regional conference, workshops, and special sessions.
• Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the BU Manager or fleet cell.
• Class 1 Master Mariner or suitable experience at a senior level on-board either as Chief Officer or Chief Engineer level
• Where appropriate dangerous cargo endorsement
• Experience in ISM Auditing and Vetting Inspections, ISM, SSO & CSO certified
• A good understanding of the statutory requirements, regulations and marine codes of practice
• Good communication skills and an ability to interact with management office and crew at all levels and nationalities
• Good IT Skills & proficient in report writing and presenting materials and reports.
• Fluent in both written and spoken business English
• Passion for Training, Coaching, Mentoring
• Previous shore experience as Marine Supt., Auditor or Inspector
• Wet & Dry vessel experience
• Previous port Captaincy/Cargo Supt. Experience
• Experience in V.Ships (ship or shore)
|V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.|
|16 Oct 2022|