|Marine Stores Manager|
|As a global leader in ship management and marine services, we add value to a vessel’s operations. Operating around the clock and around the world, V.Group gives every client the quality and efficiency they need in every sector. Covering crew management and recruitment, quality ship management and technical services, together with supporting management and commercial services, V.Group has an unrivalled industry knowledge with performance assured. Our values, We Care, We Collaborate, We Challenge, We are Consistent, We Commit and Deliver, are at the heart of everything we do and they support our strategy of Investing in Talent. We are always interested in making contact with talented individuals - people who will demonstrate our values and deliver great service, for internal and external stakeholders.|
|• To oversee the Marine Stores department and provide all staff with the necessary support and guidance in order to achieve the Company goals and objectives.
• Liaise with Company’s stakeholders for the successful development and implementation of Marine Stores Service.
• To achieve the targeted budgets established with clients and ensure that Marine Stores service provided meets/exceeds client expectations.
• To assist both Company staff and clients swiftly and promptly with information or other supportive services that may be requested.
o To plan, decide and communicate, the supply schedule details to vessels, colleagues and suppliers concerned, covering points on; how and when the requisitions should be sent, what should be sent and where will be supplied.
o To receive requisitions list and oversee their integration into the company’s management information system in a timely and accurate manner.
o To ensure full use is made of group contracts when planning orders, relative to vessel profile and the market it services.
o To supervise the analysis of comparative costs, taking into consideration forwarding costs, and decide what, and to whom order (s) will be sent to.
o To monitor the progress of orders until delivery on board, ensuring the quality and quantity of items are verified through a loading report, and as result of any discrepancies in Marine Stores, suppliers will be contacted for explanations.
o Receive, check and authorise invoices within the scope of the procedure and pass to Accounts Department for payment.
o To review of supplier’s performance, on a monthly basis and coordinate with HSEQ & Suppliers Manager for facilities inspections and random quality and quantity checks during vessel loading, by utilizing the Catering Superintendents network.
o Monthly and quarterly, review of actual expenditure totals against those budgeted. Cost analysis and procurement recommendations so as to stay in line and improve the cost strategy.
o To establish purchasing policies for the Marine Stores Department.
o To monitor the maintenance of information concerning materials, sources of supply, and market developments of new products.
o To ensure that due regard is given to maintaining approved standards, methods, quality and health in respect to transaction or purchases made by the Company.
o To maintain contact with Operations & Other Departments so as to achieve maximum co-ordination when supplying items to vessels.
o To review on annual basis the list of Marine Stores suppliers and provide recommendations to management.
o Assist in the development of the Marine Stores Officers, ensuring that they are supported appropriately, shortfalls in performance are addressed and that appraisals are completed in a timely manner as per Group instruction. Liaise with HR for assistance as and when required.
o Advise and assist the Marine Stores Officers with creating SMART objectives.
o Guide new starters through the Induction process – both Group and job-specific programmes.
o Perform probationary reviews for new staff. Liaise with HR for guidance and assistance, as and when required.
• Limits of Authority
• Authority within the approved operational budget.
|• Recognised degree in Marine Studies or sea experience or extensive experience in a marine purchasing role.
• Experience in developing and implementing operational procedures and manuals.
• Experience with development and implementation of operational budgets.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise staff teams; share skills and knowledge with others.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
• Sound understanding of finance and possess good analytical skills.
• Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office and Accounting systems.
• The highest personal integrity standards.
• A positive outlook and be a self-motivated team leader.
• A very good command of the English language both written and oral.
|V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.|
|03 Dec 2021|